Sunday, February 14, 2010


Sitting back at my desk now, cold beer in hand, Underworld - Born Slippy playing in the background.

Only took 2 photos this time out. but as I am constantly reminded its quality not quantity and this one has J in it so its a good one. :)

Its just amazing to get out there. the weather forecast was DULL. some expected rain etc but as usual the bureau of meteeorology were WRONG! it was an awesome time out there. cloudy to reduce the suns rays, hardly any wind providing a smooth ride and very beautiful scenary. and best of all..... Hardly anyone else out there. Look at the photo. there wasn't anyone else about. we felt like ultra rich dudes. and sitting there drinking a bevvy (or 2) reminded us what life should be all about.

Rex (the sea dog) is getting his legs and we hear his little paws clattering as he walks around the deck.

Anyway what did we do? N O T H I N G. We paddled around in the kayaks which is fun but you get a wet backside. I dived in first thing this morning! that woke me up! I was umming and ahhing about how I would get in and avoid the pain of it when Jelly told me my cup of tea was ready. I didn't hesitate to jump in then. I couldn't let my cuppa get cold!

As per the previous blog we did head round to the duckpond (Barnes Bay) but there is no internet coverage and I was really hanging out to read the latest tech news so we came back to Quarantine. I'm glad we did. only one other vessel when we got back. Water dead flat, no wind.

We read books, we lazed about, I had an afternoon nanny nap <- J reckons I snored, I reckon she fibs sometimes. and at the end of it all we are back here again. comfortable in our home.

Thought we might catch up with the Gilbatron (Peter Gilbertson) Sunday afternoon ish but he stayed in bed instead. I think I like what we did better.

Can't wait for the next 3 day weekend, we really have to try going further afield.

Ciao. (JA).

No comments:

Post a Comment